The course will be held from October 7th to October 9th, 2021, in Sokobanja. The deadline for registration is October 1st, 2021.
AgroNET – Center for Education and Research invites you to the second edition of the professional course “Contemporary Approaches to Terroir-Focused Wine Production,” which will take place from October 7th to October 9th, 2021, at Hotel Sunce in Sokobanja.
Course participants will have the opportunity to familiarize themselves with the latest scientific and technological knowledge in the field of viticulture and winemaking, with a special focus on strategies for adapting to climate change, the characteristics of terroir wine production using the example of Cabernet Sauvignon, precision viticulture technologies and possibilities, enological practices for high-quality white and red wines, as well as strategies for selling and exporting wines to the international market.
Expert lecturers in the field of viticulture and marketing include:
• Dr. Slavica Todić, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Belgrade
• Dr. Kaan Kurtural, UC Davis Department for Viticulture and Enology
• Dr. Miroslav Nikolić, Center for Multidisciplinary Research, University of Belgrade
• Dr. Miloš Pajić, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Belgrade
• Dr. Srdjan Tadić, Atfield Technologies Ltd.
• Kristina Lukić, winemaker
• Dr. Guilherme Martins, Bordeaux Science Agro
• Saša Špiranec, international wine judge and wine critic
• Dušan Vranić, sommelier and international wine judge
Through lectures, workshops, case studies, and interactive discussions, we will cover the following topics:
• Challenges in vineyards and grape production in the face of climate change
• Wine grape production in California with a special focus on Cabernet Sauvignon
• Wood diseases – the phylloxera of the 21st century: prevention, symptoms, measures, and disease control
• Application of precision agriculture in modern viticulture
• Enological procedures in the production of quality white wines – Chardonnay between the Old and New World
• Enological practices for the production of quality red wines with a focus on Cabernet Sauvignon production in Bordeaux
• Wine sales and exports – regional experiences
• Masterclass – Cabernet Sauvignon around the world
The practical part of the course will take place in the vineyards of Knjaževačko vinogorje.
The course is intended for vine growers, winemakers, winery owners, and consultants. Registration is mandatory, and the number of participants is limited to 30.
The course fee is 6,000 dinars for all three days. Refreshments, lunch, and dinner will be provided to participants during the course.
Note: Travel and accommodation expenses are not included in the course fee.
You can register by filling out the form at THIS LINK. The deadline for registration is October 1st, 2021. A detailed program will be sent to registered participants before the start of the course.
The course is supported by the USAID Competitive Economy Project.
For any additional questions, please contact us via email at email@example.com or by phone at 063/343-346.
We look forward to your attendance!